Mission and Activities
The mission of the Vietsch Foundation is to promote research and development of advanced Internet technology for scientific research and higher education.
The Vietsch Foundation fulfills its goals in two ways.
- It can contribute funding to specific research and development projects that demonstrate potential value to progress European and global research and education networking.
- Each year it awards a medal of honour to people who contributed to the development of a service, technology or approach that will be of lasting value to the research and education networking community and its users.
The Vietsch Foundation thanks former Trustees for serving in the organisation’s Board:
- 2016-2023 Andrew Cormack (Member at large)
- 2018-2020 Lígia Maria Ribeiro (Member at large)
- 2014-2016 Bert van Pinxteren (Secretary)
Statutes, Activity Reports and Board Remuneration Policy
- Vietsch Foundation Statutes (in Dutch)
- Activity Reports
- The members of the board do not receive any remuneration, either directly or indirectly. They may receive reimbursements for costs incurred for the foundation business as documented in the foundation’s annual accounts. Board members do not receive any other compensation or holiday pay.
The Vietsch Foundation was created by Willem Karel Vietsch (1952-2014) through his last will and testament. The foundation was established on the day of his death, the 23th of February 2014.
Board of trustees
Valentino CavalliChairman of the Board of TrusteesRead More
Victor ReijsMember of the Board of TrusteesRead More
Pekka KähkipuroMember of the Board of TrusteesRead More
Kathleen ShearerMember of the Board of TrusteesRead More
Antoinette VietschTreasurer of the Board of TrusteeRead More